Contact Via:

Tel: 074 502 78 742



About Us

Inspection & Testing

Contact Us

We carry out these types of electrical jobs:

  • Inspection and Testing of existing electrical system
  • Fuse board upgrades/change
  • Electrical and Fire Safety Checks
  • PAT (Portable Appliances Testing)
  • Emergency Lighting Installation, Inspection and Testing
  • Security lighting
  • Add or Remove circuits
  • Electric showers and heating
  • Cooker points
  • Extensions
  • Full or Partial Rewires
  • Garden power and lighting
  • Extra sockets, television, internet or telephone points

Planning Permission:

Planning permission is not generally required for installing or replacing electrical circuits. However, if you live in a listed building you are advised to contact your Local Planning Authority before carrying out any of our work.

Building Regulations (Part P):

If you are carrying out electrical installation work in your home or garden in England or Wales, you must comply with the rules in the Building Regulations. It is best to use an installer registered with a competent person scheme (a registered competent person) who can self-certify compliance with the Building Regulations. If an installer is not registered, then certain riskier jobs (identified as in the Building Regulations) will need to be inspected, approved and certified by:
  • A building control body ( your local authority or private approved inspector)
  • In England only, an electrician registered with a third- party certification scheme (a registered third-party certifier). The building control body or registered third-party certifier must be notified before work starts.

Frequency of Testing:

Type of Installation Routine Check Maximum Period Between Inspection & Testing as Necessary
General Installation
Domestic Sellers pack Any change/5 yrs
Commercial 1 year Any change/5 yrs;
Education estab 4 months 3 years
Hospital 1 year 3 years
Industrial 1 year 3 years
Residential Any change/1 year 5 years
Offices 1 year 5 years
Shops 1 year 5 years
Laboratories 1 year 5 years
Buildings open to the public
Cinemas 1 year 3 years
Church installations 1 year 5 years
Leisure complexes(no pools) 1 year 3 years
Public entertainment 1 year 3 years
Restaurants/Hotels 1 year 5 years
Theatres 1 year 3 years
Public houses/Bars 1 year 5 years
Village hall/centres 1 year 5 years
Special Installations
Agricultural/Horticultural 1 year 3 years
Caravans 1 year 3 years
Caravan parks 6 months 1 year
Highway power supplies As convenient 6 years
Marinas 4 months 1 year
Fish farms 4 months 1 year
Swimming pools 4 months 1 year
Emergency lighting Daily/Monthly 3 years
Fire alarms Daily/Weekly/Monthly 1 year
Launderettes 1 year 1 year
Petrol stations 1 year 1 year
Construction sites 3 months 3 months